LESSON 6: INTRODUCTION TO ENGLISH
VOCABULARY: camping, tent, rode, slept, few, cousins, playgrounds
STORY: When I was 8 years old, I went camping. My family and I spent a week at Camp Dearborn. I went with my mom, my sister, my brother, and a few of my cousins. We slept in a tent. My sister and I rode our bikes every day at Camp Dearborn. We also went fishing every day. The camp had a lake and playgrounds. They were really fun. You could run and play and do all kinds of fun things. The lake was really fun because we also went swimming every day. The campground had a pool. My favorite thing to do was to spend time with my family. We also cooked food over a campfire and roasted marshmallows. I loved going camping with my family. We were always able to do a lot of things together during this week. It was the only time that the whole family could spend so much time together doing different activities.
- Review the Vocabulary Words .
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer questions.
- Think about different memories and write them in your notebook.
- What is a memory you have that you enjoyed, or something you did with your family or friends?
- Write your answers down in your notebook.
- End the class in prayer.