“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!“ Psalm 133:1
911 Family was created to meet the needs of vulnerable women and children through programs designed to restore them spirtually, emotionally, psychosocially, and in their work and education environments.
The Woman of His Dreams
The Woman of His Dreams is a Christ-centered micro-enterprise program designed to help at-risk women grow in their relationship with Christ while also preparing them to enter the workforce with their own micro-businesses. While many of our courses have focused on beauty, these precious women don’t only learn about outer beauty. They discover the INNER BEAUTY that God has placed inside each one of them. This allows them to enter into a loving relationship with Jesus!
Our professionally trained staff Psychologists meet with the families throughout the week, praying with them, and assessing the families’ needs and progress in our program. Many women who have gone through our program are now confidently running their own businesses, while also enjoying the blessings of a closer walk with God.
The women have enjoyed courses such as:
- The Basics of Running a Business
- Professional Sewing (Medellin is one of the fashion centers of South America!)
- Professional Chef Skills
- Cake Making and Decorating
- Professional Makeup Application
- Professional Hairstyling
- Professional Hairbraiding
- Professional Children’s Hairstyling
- Christmas Crafts For Selling
- Balloon Decorations for Parties
- Paper Flower Design
- Bracelet Weaving
The 911 Youth Center
The 911 Youth Center provides essential tutoring in math and language, as well as spiritual care and extracurricular courses such as English, Art, Sports, Music, and more. Our program is open to children ages 6 – 13 years of age, with one group in the mornings and another in the afternoons. The testimonies from this program are truly amazing, as the children have grown socially, spiritually, and educationally.
- SOCIALLY: Those who were shy or who misbehaved are now active and productive members of class.
- SPIRITUALLY: The children from our center are now taking Jesus into their public schools! One teacher told us the 7-year-old girl from our center who is in her class now encourages all of the kids to give their troubles to God and pray to Him in a spontaneous and personal way!
- EDUCATIONALLY: We have seen children who entered unable to read, write, or do basic math who are now able to do all of those things with speed and agility!