LESSON 26: READ AND RESPOND
THEME: This class is to help you read on your own
VOCABULARY: wealthy, divide, portion, wild, returned
STORY: There is a man. He is very wealthy. He has two sons. The first son asked his father to divide his wealth and give him his portion. The second son stayed with his father and worked for him for many years. He stayed faithful and never left his father. The first son wanted to take his money and do many different things. He left his home and went and spent all his money in wild living. When he had no money left, he had to work a hard job. He spent his time working feeding pigs. He was hungry and wished he had food. After some time, he decided that he should return home because the people who worked for his father had more food than he had. This son returned home. The father saw his first son coming and was very excited. The father was so excited that he threw his son a party. The second son felt very angry. The second son did not understand why his father was so happy to see the first son, who had spent all of his money on wild living. The father explained to the second son how happy he was that the first son came back. The first son was lost and now he has come home. He was dead but now he is alive.
- Review the Vocabulary Words .
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Read and answer the following questions in your notebook:
- Who spends all of the father’s money? ______________________________________
- What did the son do with all the money?_____________________________________
- Does the father get angry with the first son? __________________________________
- Why is the father happy?_______________________________________________
- How does the second son feel?___________________________________________
- Does God get angry with us?_____________________________________________
5. Review the questions and answers above.
6. Think about the main theme of the story.
- Does the father get angry with the first son? (No)
- Why not? (He is happy that his son has come back home)
- Does God get angry with us? (No, God loves us no matter what)
- How does this story relate to people who reject God? (We are like the first son)
- Will God ever leave us even if we leave him? (No, God will always be there for us)
7. End the class in prayer.