LESSON 23: CHECKPOINT
THEME: How are the students doing with their English?
- Listen to the Directions.
- Today is a day to see how your students are progressing with their English.
- Review, going through the class asking the students different questions.
- Have each student’s name written down in a notebook so you can keep track of how they are doing.
- Ask questions from the different things the students have learned in the Introduction of Self, Module One, and module Two.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- What do you like to do?
- Who is our shepherd?
- Who can we hear from?
- How can we hear from God?
- Who loves us no matter what?
- (Feel free to add questions)
5. Give the students stars based on how they are doing
- 1 Star: Student answers no questions
- 2 Stars: Student repeats simple one-word answers
- 3 Stars: Student answers questions with sentences with help, repeating the teacher if needed
- 4 Stars: Student answers questions in complete sentences with little help
- 5 Stars: Student answers all questions with no help.
6. Play games for the rest of the class or watch El Perro y El Gato.
7. Have a student pray in English.