LESSON 11: BASIC GOSPEL – JOHN 14
THEME: Lost and Found
VOCABULARY: disciples, lost, way, troubled, worried, explains, sheep
STORY: There is a man named Jesus. He is a good man. He was sent to earth from God to preach and teach. This work was not easy. Jesus needed help. Jesus chose 12 people to help him teach and preach all over. Jesus tells his disciples that the only way to receive eternal life is through him. Jesus speaks to his disciples and tells them not to worry. But the disciples are worried. They do not know where Jesus is going, so they are lost. Jesus tells them not to worry because he is the truth, the way, and the life. Jesus does not want his disciples to be troubled or worried, and he does not want us to be troubled or worried. Jesus explains that he is our true direction, and he can help correct our path. We are like lost sheep. Jesus is the only one who can “find” us. This happens when we trust our lives to Him.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Think about the following questions:
- What does it mean to be lost? (Not finding our way)
- What do you think is sin? (Anything that goes against God’s rules)
- Does sin cause us to be lost from God? (Yes)
- Who can save us from our sins or from being lost? (God)
- End the class with prayer.