LESSON 9: CREATE AND SPEAK
VOCABULARY: run, go to the gym, sleep, read, spend time with my family, travel, hiking, watch movies, cook, host
STORY: There is a girl. Her name is Shannon. She is 31 years old. She lives in a big city with her husband, Nick. They have no kids. They enjoy spending their time together being active. They travel all over hiking and visiting places. Nick loves to go to the gym and lift weights. Shannon loves to run and bike. They like to exercise and be fit. When they have free time at home they like to watch movies and read. They also like to spend time with their friends and family. Nick likes to cook for people. Nick and Shannon love to host people at their house.
- Review the Directions for creating a story.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Answer the following questions:
- What is your favorite activity? My favorite activity is__________.
- What do you like to do in your free time? I like to__________.
- What do you like to do at home? I like to__________.
- Practice telling a friend or family member about your hobbies. Ask them questions, such as:
- What is my favorite activity?
- What do I like to do in my free time?
- What do I like to do at home?
- Practice telling a friend or family about what you will do today.
- Today I will/need to __________, __________, and __________.(list 3 things).
- End class with prayer.