LESSON 7: RAISING A WIDOW’S SON TO LIFE
VOCABULARY: widow, heal, sick, dead, surprised, praise
STORY: There is a good man named Jesus. He walks around the world preaching and performing miracles. He is a good man and helps a lot of people. He has helped blind men see. He has provided many with food and he helps heal the sick. One day he was walking through a town when he saw some men carrying out a young man. The young man had been really sick and they believed that he was dead. The young man was the son of a widow. The widow was very sad since this young man was her only son. The woman did not know what she would do without her only son. As Jesus approached the widow, he told her not to cry. He went up to the young man, touched him, and told him to get up. The young man stood up and began to talk. No one could believe it. Everyone was very surprised. Everyone began to praise God. Word of what the Lord had done began to spread around the country.
- Review the Vocabulary Words .
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Introduction to Bible readings: Read the story from Luke 7:11-17. This will allow you to get used to different types of written texts.
- Answer these questions in your notebook.
- Who did Jesus encounter?
- What did Jesus say to the widow?
- What did Jesus do?
- How did people feel after this event?
6. End class in prayer.