LESSON 15: WORSHIP THE KING – LIFE APPLICATION
VOCABULARY: close, passed away, difficult, realized
STORY: There is a young boy. One day he came home to find out that his grandmother had passed away. He was very sad. He was very close with his grandmother. They spent a lot of time together. He was hurting so much and didn’t know what to do. His grandmother was someone he could count on, someone that he spent a lot of time with and who always supported him. His parents were very sad as well, but they told him that he needed to continue to worship the Lord. Worshipping the Lord was the last thing he wanted to do. He was upset with the Lord for taking someone so important away from him. But His parents taught him that even in difficult times when we are hurting it is still important to praise our King. Every day the family worshipped the Lord together. It was hard for him to be fully into worshipping the Lord but over time it became easier for him. The family spent time singing and praying together. Although he was still hurting and missing his grandmother, he found that there was comfort worshipping and praising the Lord during this time. He realized how important it was to continue to seek the Lord and worship even when you are hurting. Every day the Lord brought him a little more peace. He still missed his grandmother and will always miss his grandmother, but the comfort the Lord provided him helped him continue to focus on the good times he had with his grandmother.
- Review the Vocabulary Words. Have students write the words and draw a picture for each.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Review the story:
- Why is it important we worship even in difficult times?
- Who should we always seek in difficult times?
- Who brings us comfort?
5. Think about a time when you have passed through something difficult and sought the Lord or wish you had sought the Lord.
6.End the class with prayer.