LESSON 12: THE POWER OF WORSHIP – LIFE APPLICATION
VOCABULARY: attacked, choke, protect, praise
STORY: There is a woman. Her name is Raquel. She lives in the United States. She is a teacher. She is 24 years old. She teaches older students in high school. Her students are 13-18 years old. She loves to teach and she is very passionate about teaching. She teaches art. She loves to show the Lord’s love through her actions and her words. She always wants to represent the Lord in all that she does. One day she was teaching class when a student got really upset with her. After the class, the student came back into the classroom and attacked her. She tried to get away but she could not get away. She could not do anything against the student, so she was desperate. The student began to choke her. She didn’t know what to do. The only thing she could think to do was to look up to the Lord and worship him. She prayed to the Lord for help. She then started to sing to the Lord. She sang and worshipped the Lord as she waited for the young student to calm down. Finally, the student calmed down and let her go. After the attack, she could only praise the Lord. She knows that the Lord was in the room with her that day and protected her from the student. If she had not praised and trusted in the Lord, she does not know what would have happened that day. She now shares her story to show the importance in staying firm in our faith and the importance of worshipping the Lord in difficult times, because the Lord is always there to protect us.
- Review the Vocabulary Words . Have the students write the words and draw a picture for each.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Answer the important questions in the story
- Why is it important to worship the Lord?
- What happened when Raquel worshipped the Lord?
- How did she worship the Lord?
- How can you worship the Lord?
5. End class in prayer.