LESSON 35: READ AND RESPOND
THEME: The Basic Gospel
VOCABULARY: Jesus, thief, preach, teach, enemies, cross, die, follow, witnessing, miracles
STORY: There is a man named Jesus. He is a good man. He was sent by God to Earth to preach and teach. his work was not easy. Jesus needed help. Jesus chose 12 people to help him teach and preach. During this time, Jesus made many friends, but he also made many enemies. Many people did not believe the things that Jesus was preaching. During this time, he did many miracles. He fed thousands of people with a few small fish and a few loaves of bread. He healed the sick. But even with witnessing these miracles, there were still people who did not believe in Jesus. After some time, Jesus was sent to the cross to die. Jesus was sent to the cross with two thieves. One of the thieves did not believe in Jesus and said many bad things to him. He questioned if Jesus was real. If Jesus was real, why wasn’t he saving them from dying on the cross? The second thief believed in Jesus even as he was about to die on the cross. This thief asked Jesus to remember him when they get to the Kingdom of God. Jesus told him not to worry, and that since he believed, he would be in paradise with Jesus that very day.
- Review the Vocabulary Words .
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Retell the story through 8 pictures (draw pictures to answer each question)
RETELLING THE STORY
|Who is the man? (Jesus)||What does the man do? (Preach & teach)||How many people helped Jesus? (12)||What miracles does Jesus do? (feeds thousands, heals sick)|
|Does Jesus have friends? (Yes)||Does Jesus have enemies? (Yes)||Who was sent to the cross with Jesus? (two thieves)||What happens in the end? (Jesus dies on the cross)|
- What can we learn from the story?
- It is important to follow God
- It is important to not only follow what others believe, etc…
- How can we help share the story of God?
- Tell our friends
- Love others no matter what, etc…
- End the class with prayer.