LESSON 31: READ AND RESPOND
THEME: Hearing God’s Voice
VOCABULARY: university, tour, study, regularly, once in a while, amazing, sense, peace, understand, direction, decision
STORY: There is a girl. Her name is Emilia. When she was 18 years old she was trying to decide what she would do after high school. She thought she wanted to study to become a teacher. But she didn’t know which university she wanted to go to. One day, her friend’s father took the girls to visit a university. She had never been to a university before. She was really excited to visit the university and see what it was like. When she was there they took a tour of the school. She couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. It was a Christian school. She had never been to a Christian school before. She had gone to church but did not go regularly. Since her family didn’t go to church, she would go once in a while with her friend and her friend’s family. But the day they went to visit the university, something amazing happened. When she was walking around the university she felt a sense of peace. A peace filled her! It was a peace she had never experienced before. At the time, Emilia did not know what this peace was. Later she would understand that it was the Lord speaking to her. Over the next few years, she would experience this peace in different moments when she was trying to make a decision about something important. She started to understand that the Lord was giving her this peace as a way to show her which direction to take. As her relationship with the Lord grew stronger, she started to hear from the Lord in different ways.
- Review the Vocabulary Words .
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Think about the main theme:
- How do we hear from the Lord?
- Do we all hear from the lord in the same way?
- Has anyone ever heard from the Lord?
- Take time to do a listening activity.
- Close your eyes and listen to quiet worship music
- Focus on the Lord and ask Him to speak to you.
- After a few minutes, draw or write what you saw, heard, or thought of.
- Remember that we all hear from the Lord in different ways, we just have to be listening.
- End the class with prayer.