LESSON 8: LIFE APPLICATION
VOCABULARY: ice, underneath, emergency people, survive, accident
STORY: There was a boy. He was 13 years old. One day he and his friends were out playing on the ice. It was a warm day. While the boys were playing on the ice someone told them to get off of the ice, and that it was not cold enough for the ice to hold them. Suddenly the ice broke and the boys fell into the water. One boy got trapped underneath the ice. When the emergency people came to save him, it took them a long time to find the boy under the water. When they finally pulled him out of the water, he was not breathing. At the hospital, the doctors told his parents that he would not survive. But the parents had a very strong faith and they kept praying and asking everyone in the city to pray for their little boy. They prayed and prayed and asked the Lord to save their son. The doctors said that even if the boy did wake up, he would never be the same. But the parents did not listen to the doctors. They believed in a God Who performs miracles. One day after praying and seeking the Lord, their son woke up! He had survived! Not only had he survived but he was the same boy that he was before the accident. The family knew that the Lord had done a miracle in saving the boy and bringing him back the same as he was before.
- Review the Vocabulary Words
- Write them in your notebook and draw a picture for each.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Review the important parts of the story:
- What did the parents have? (a strong faith)
- What did the parents believe? (That their son would be healed and be the same.)
- Who did the parents go to? (They went to the Lord for a miracle)
- Who performs miracles? (The Lord)
- Listen to Waymaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJCV_2H9xD0. As you listen, draw what you are feeling either from the song or from the story in your notebook.
- End class in prayer