LESSON 4: JESUS HEALS THE BLIND MAN
VOCABULARY: blind, heals, met, spit, mud, washed, begged, doubted
STORY: There is a man. He cannot see. He has been blind his whole life. He had always begged for things. One day the man met Jesus. Jesus spit on the ground and made mud. Jesus took the mud and put it on the man’s eyes. He told the man to go wash off the mud. The man listened to Jesus and went and washed the mud off his eyes. When he washed the mud off his eyes he could see! When everyone saw him, they could not believe that it was the same man. They thought it was someone different. They asked him how he could see when he was born blind. He told everyone that the man they call Jesus put mud on his eyes and when he washed his eyes he could see. Some people doubted that Jesus was a good man. But the man who could see knew that Jesus was the Son of God. He worshipped Jesus and believed in him.
- Remember that you have been learning about Jesus’ miracles.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Watch the video about how Jesus heals the blind man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo9ILFTVdhQ
- Tell the story and answer the questions. Identify what the miracle is in this story. Think about the other miracles you have learned about so far.
- Do the coloring page that goes with the lesson.
- End class in prayer.