LESSON 27: HOLY SPIRIT – LIFE APPLICATION
VOCABULARY: to make fun, escape, revealed, guide
STORY: There is a young man. His name is Ben. He is 9 years old. He was out for a walk one day when he ran into a group of boys. The boys started to make fun of him. They were bullying him. The boys were blocking Ben’s way. He couldn’t get around them so he couldn’t get home. He was scared and didn’t know what to do. Ben was a small boy and the boys who were blocking him were big boys. Ben believed in the Lord and didn’t know what else to do but to ask the Lord for guidance. He closed his eyes and prayed. The boys continued to push Ben around. As his eyes were closed he saw a way out. He saw that there would be a moment where the boys would turn to each other and start laughing. At that moment they would lose track of him and he would be able to run away. He opened his eyes and the boys started laughing. Ben knew this was his chance. He ran faster than he has ever run in his life. He knows that it was the Holy Spirit Who revealed to him how to escape. He made it home safely and never saw the boys again. Ben knows that the Holy Spirit continues to guide him and give him visions that help him in life.
- Review the Vocabulary Words
- Draw a picture of the words in your notebook.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Think about how the Holy Spirit came to help Ben. Have you ever had a moment when the Holy Spirit has helped you or a moment when you wish you had been able to seek the Holy Spirit?
- End class in prayer.