LESSON 14: PRAISING BABY JESUS
VOCABULARY: defeat, king, evil, derail, selfish, power
STORY: There is a man. His name is Herod. He is a king. King Herod was king when Jesus was born. King Herod was not a good guy. When baby Jesus was born, many came to worship the King of the Jews. But this did not make King Herod happy. He was angry and wanted to find where the boy was born. He sent people to find the baby and tell him exactly where Jesus was. Many continued to present gifts and worship baby Jesus. When Herod couldn’t find Jesus, he ordered all kids under two years old to be killed. This caused Mary and baby Jesus to flee to Egypt. King Herod did evil and wanted to derail God’s plan. King Herod was selfish and wanted power. However, King Herod could not defeat God because there is only one true King. Even though King Herod wanted power, the only one who has true power is God.
- Review Vocabulary Words
- Write words and draw a picture of each word.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read the story and answer the questions.
- Think about the main idea: Which king do we want to be like?
Make a chart to compare each king
One true king
6. Complete the coloring page.
7. End class in prayer