LESSON 6: INTRODUCTION TO ENGLISH
THEME: Vocabulary Expansion
VOCABULARY: park, school, house, lost, boy, girl, cat, dog, scared
VERBS: he goes, he wants, he plays, he is looking
STORY: There is a boy. He has a dog. He has a friend. Her name is Sarah. They have a problem. The dog is lost. They are looking for the dog. They go to the school to look for his dog. The dog is not at the school. The boy is sad and scared. He is scared they won’t find the dog. They go to his house to look for the dog. The dog is not at the house. They go to the park. The dog is at the park! He is playing with other dogs. The dog is happy. The boy and his friend are happy to see the dog! They all play at the park.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Greetings: How are you? etc…
- Review all of the questions they have learned so far.
- Continue to get to know your students more.
- Retell the story through drawing pictures.
- End the class with prayer.