LESSON 34: THE FATHER’S LOVE
THEME: Life Application
VOCABULARY: gangs, bullied, answer, desperate, tangible, after-school, lifted, worshipped, literal
STORY: There are four kids from different families. The oldest is John. He is 12 years old. Then there is Peter. He is 11 years old. After Peter is Samuel. He is 10 years old. And last, there is Luke who is 10 years old. They have very hard lives. They don’t have very good families and they are often hungry and without food on the weekends. When they go to school they are bullied. They are angry and feel very alone. When they are in their neighborhood, bad people want them to get into gangs. The kids are lonely but they do not want to join the gangs. They want to feel loved and wanted but they know that joining a gang is not the answer. These kids are desperate to feel God’s presence and love in a tangible way. One day they were at an after-school program when the teacher looked at them and said, “Let’s worship God and ask Him to come.” The kids did not know what to think. They did not understand how God could come to them. But they stood up and lifted their hands to worship God along with the song that was playing. As they worshipped, all four kids felt God’s literal arms around them, hugging and touching them, saying that everything would be okay. They felt more love than they had ever felt before. They realized that no matter what they were going through, their Father up in Heaven would always come to comfort them. God loves us no matter what.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Think about the main theme:
- What happened to the boys? (They worshipped the Lord and felt his presence.)
- How do the boys feel? (They feel loved and wanted.)
- Who is with us and loves us through everything? (God).
- Can we feel God in a tangible way? (Yes, God shows up in many ways.)
- Spend some time listening to Reckless Love and worshipping God.