LESSON 25: LIFE APPLICATION
THEME: Hearing God’s Voice and Following Our Shepherd
VOCABULARY: mall, look up, shopping, steal, funny, “you guys,” nervous, uncomfortable
STORY: There is a girl. Her name is Lily. Lily is 10 years old. She lives at home with her mom, dad, brother, and sister. Her brother is 7 years old and her sister is 12 years old. Her sister’s name is Samara. Lily loves Samara and looks up to her. Lily wants to be just like Samara. One day, Samara and Lily went to the mall. They went to the mall to spend some time with their friends. When they got to the mall their friends were shopping. One of their friends thought it would be funny to go to a store and steal something. Samara thought it would be funny to steal something as well. Lily did not think it was a good idea. Lily was really nervous and knew that it was not right to steal, but she also looked up to her sister and followed what Samara did. As Lily was walking with her sister and friends, she felt uncomfortable. She knew she should not keep going with them. She knew that she had to say something. Lily looked at her sister and friends and said, “You guys, this is not a good idea. We should not take things that we do not pay for.” Her friends and sister laughed. But Lily did not care. Lily was not going to be a part of this. She knew that it was not right. She knew the uncomfortable feeling was God telling her that she should not be a part of stealing.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Answer the main questions:
- Who does Lily look up to? (Samara, her sister)
- What did the kids want to do? (Steal)
- Why is it bad to steal? (We shouldn’t take things we don’t pay for)
- How does Lily feel about stealing? (She does not like it, she feels uncomfortable)
- Who does Lily listen to in the end? Who does she follow? (God)
- Who should we follow? Others or the Lord? (the Lord)
- Make a chart of some ways we can listen to the Lord:
|Ways to listen to the Lord||Examples of when we don’t listen to the Lord|