LESSON 2: INTRODUCTION TO ENGLISH
THEME: Introduce Yourself and Your Family
VOCABULARY: mom, dad, brother, sister, cat, dog, city
STORY: My name is Emily. I am 30 years old. I live at home with my mom. I have a sister and a brother. My sister is 30 years old. My brother is 35 years old. My favorite colors are blue and pink. I like to play soccer and go for runs. I also like to read. I have a cat and a dog. My cat is big and my dog is small.
- Review the Vocabulary Words. Have a poster with words and pictures.
- Listen to Audio 1 and read along with the story.
- Listen to Audio 2. Read along with the story and answer the questions.
- Answer the following questions:
- What is your name? My name is ___.
- How old are you? I am ___years old.
- What is your favorite color? My favorite color is ___.
- Who is in your family? I have a ___ (mom, dad, brother, sister, dog, etc…)
- Review body parts
- Review commands
- Review colors
- Review question words
- Review feelings
- Play Simon Says, using the commands reviewed in today’s class.