LESSON 3: CREATE AND SPEAK
THEME: Likes and Dislikes
VOCABULARY: like, dislike, love, eat, enjoy, passion, explore, working out
STORY: There is a girl. Her name is Emily. She is 31 years old. She has a brother and a twin sister. Her brother is 35. They all like to run together. They like to run in their free time. Emily loves to eat fruit. Her brother does not like fruit. Emily’s twin sister loves to eat pasta. Ellen and Emily are both teachers and they really enjoy teaching. Emily’s brother is a doctor and he really enjoys helping others. They all have a passion for working with others. On the weekends, Emily enjoys reading and spending time with her friends and family. Her brother enjoys working out and spending time with his family. Her sister enjoys running and spending time with her kids. They all love to travel and explore other countries.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File
for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Create your own written paragraph about your likes and dislikes. Include the following information:
- What do you like to do?
- What do you dislike?
- What do you like to eat?
- What is something you dislike to eat?
- What are your passions?
- Read your story to a friend or family member. Then ask them questions, such as:
- What are her passions?
- What does he like to do?
- If there is more time, review questions from the previous weeks.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Who do you do it with?
- What does your family like to do?
- What do your kids like to do?
- How old are you?
- Where are you from?
- Who is part of your family?
- File your story. You will need this to help you create your final project for Advanced Level 1.
- End class with prayer.