LESSON 2: CREATE AND SPEAK
THEME: Introduce your Hobbies
VOCABULARY: hobbies, biking, cooking, watching TV, soccer, read, dance, gymnastics.
STORY: There is a man. His name is Dave. He is thirty years old. His hobbies are running, playing soccer, and reading. Dave has a wife and four kids. He has two boys and two girls. The boys are 10 and 8 years old. The boys like to play soccer and read books. The girls are 6 and 4 years old. The girls like to dance and do gymnastics. Dave’s wife’s name is Sarah. Her hobbies are biking, cooking, and watching TV. They live in Michigan. They are a very busy family. Since they have four kids they are always going to different practices with the kids. On Mondays, they take the girls to dance and the boys to soccer. On Tuesdays, the girls have gymnastics. On Wednesdays, the boys have an after-school reading club. On Thursdays, they have a break and they spend the evening as a family. On the weekends they have games and sports events.
- Review the Vocabulary Words. Listen for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Create your own written paragraph about your hobbies. Include the following information:
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Who do you do it with?
- What does your family like to do?
- What do your kids like to do?
- Read your story to a friend or family member. Then ask them questions, such as:
- What are her hobbies?
- When does she…?
- Where did she…?
- If there is more time, review questions from the previous week:
- How old are you? Where are you from? Who is part of your family?
- File your story. You will need this to help you create your final project for Advanced Level 1.
- End class with prayer.