LESSON 12: LISTEN AND CREATE
VOCABULARY: want, would like, fulfill, dream, waterfall, design
STORY: There is a man named Zachary. When he was little he wanted to design clothes. He has three sisters and he lives with his mom. He is 23 years old and works for a company that designs cars. He loves his job. One day he would like to get married and have kids. He wants to have five kids. He would like to live in a new country. He likes to travel and do outdoor activities. His dream is to jump off a waterfall. When he was little he loved to swim in waterfalls. One day he hopes to fulfill his dream of jumping off a waterfall. When he is 25, he wants to move out of his mother’s house and live on his own. He has many dreams.
- Listen to the Directions.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Answer the following questions:
- What would you like to do one day?
- Where would you like to go one day?
- If you could do anything, what would you like to do?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your biggest dream?
- Share your dreams in English with a friend or family member. Ask them comprehension questions:
- What would I like to do one day?
- Where would I like to go one day?
- If I could do anything, what would I do?
- What is my dream job?
- What is my biggest dream?
- End the class in prayer.