LESSON 7: READ AND RESPOND
VOCABULARY: enjoys, mystery, in-laws, tennis, collect, nature, rocks, shells, bracelets, necklaces
STORY: There is a family. In the family, there is a mom, dad, son, and daughter. The mom works a lot but in her free time she enjoys reading. She likes to read mystery books. The dad likes to be very active. On Saturday mornings he runs with his running group. On Sundays, the dad likes to play tennis with his in-laws. The son really loves collecting cards. He likes to collect baseball cards and basketball cards. He also really enjoys watching sports. He enjoys watching games with his dad. The daughter loves to be in nature. She loves to collect different rocks and shells from the beach. She saves them and uses them to make different art projects. She makes bracelets and necklaces.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Read the story as a class and answer the following questions:
- Who plays tennis?
- What does the dad do on Sundays?
- What does the dad do on Saturdays?
- What does the mom like to do?
- What does the son like to do?
- Who does the son like to watch games with?
- What does the daughter like to do?
- What does the daughter make?
- Have each student write out what he or she likes to do:
- I like to __________, __________, __________, __________, and __________ (List up to 5 things you like to do).
- End the class in prayer.