LESSON 19: READ AND CREATE
VOCABULARY: was, went, rode, had, cooked, camping, tent, fishing, lake, playgrounds
STORY: When I was 8 years old I went camping with my family. My family and I spent a week at camp Dearborn. We slept in a tent. My sister and I rode our bikes every day. We also went fishing and swimming every day. The camp had a lake and playgrounds. My favorite thing to do was to spend time with my family. We also cooked food over a campfire and roasted marshmallows for s’mores. I loved going camping with my family. There was always so much to do and so many people to see.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Read the story out loud to a friend or family member. Talk about the story with them, and discuss how a memory is something that happened in the past.
- Think of a memory and write 5-6 sentences about it.
- Share the memory with a friend or family member.
- End the class with prayer.