LESSON 18: READ AND RESPOND
THEME: THE POWER OF WORSHIP – PART 2
VOCABULARY: couple, anniversary, celebrate, rob, guns, froze, terrified, unharmed
STORY: There is a couple. They are 30 years old. The couple has been together for two years. On their anniversary they decided to go out to the movies to celebrate. After the movies they were waiting outside for a cab. While they were waiting for their cab three men came up to them. The three men were there because they wanted to rob them. The couple was very scared. The three men had guns. They pointed their guns at the couple. The couple froze. They had never been so terrified in their life. They couldn’t believe this was happening to them. The only thing they could do is hold hands and pray. They just started worshipping the Lord out loud. They kept on worshipping the Lord. The three men who wanted to rob them didn’t know what to do. They stopped in fear. They could sense that there was something different about this couple. The couple closed their eyes and kept on praying to the Lord. When they opened their eyes, there was no one standing in front of them anymore. They couldn’t believe it. They knew that the Lord had protected them in that moment. They were able to go home that night unharmed. They thanked the Lord and continued to praise Him for protecting them that night.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Think about the following questions:
- Why is it important we worship even in difficult times?
- Who should we always seek in difficult times?
- Who brings us comfort?
- Think about a time when you were going through a difficult time and sought the Lord or wish you had sought the Lord.
- End class in prayer.