LESSON 17: READ AND RESPOND
THEME: THE POWER OF WORSHIP – PART 1
VOCABULARY: close, passed away, difficult, realized, siblings
STORY: There is a man. One day he came home to find out that his mother had passed away. He was very sad. He was very close with his mother. They spent a lot of time together. He even took care of his mother as she got older. He was hurting so much and didn’t know what to do. His mother was someone he could count on, someone that he spent a lot of time with, and she always supported him. His siblings were very sad as well but they told him that he needed to continue to worship the Lord. Worshipping the Lord was the last thing he wanted to do. He was upset with the Lord for taking someone so important away from him. But his siblings taught him that even in difficult times or times when we are hurting it is still important to praise our King. Every day the family worshipped the Lord together. It was hard for him to be fully into worshipping the Lord but over time it became easier for him. The family spent time singing and praying together. Although he was still hurting and missing his mother, he found that there was comfort worshipping and praising the Lord during this time. He realized how important it was to continue to seek the Lord and worship even when you are hurting. Every day the Lord brought him a little more peace. He still missed his mother and will always miss his mother, but the Lord provided comfort. He was able to focus on the good times he had with his mother.
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Answer the following questions:
- Why is it important we worship even in difficult times?
- Who should we always seek in difficult times?
- Who brings us comfort?
- End class with prayer.