LESSON 1: CREATE AND SPEAK
THEME: Introduce your family
VOCABULARY: brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, grandkids, stepfather, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, twin, spend time together
STORY: My name is Emily. I am 30 years old. I have an older brother who is 35. His name is Michael. (Michael has a wife. Her name is Jeannie. My sister-in-law is 35 years old, too. They have a son. My nephew’s name is Preston. He is two years old. I also have a twin sister. Her name is Ellen. She has two kids. Their names are Zaelynn and Oakley. My niece, Zaelynn, is 8 years old and my nephew, Oakley, is 7 years old. My whole family lives in Michigan. We all love to spend time together. My brother is a doctor. My sister-in-law and my sister are teachers, like me. Zaelynn and Oakley love to dance and sing. They also like to do karate. Preston loves to dance and play with his toy cars. They are all so cute!
- Review the vocabulary words. Listen to the Vocabulary File for pronunciation. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know.
- Listen to Audio 1 as you read through the story.
- Listen to Audio 2 – Story with Questions as you read through the story and answer the questions.
- Create your own written paragraph about your own family. Include the following information:
- Who is part of your family?
- How old are they?
- Where do they live?
- What does your family like to do?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Where do you work?
- How many kids do you have?
- Where do you live?
- Read your story to a friend or family member. Ask them comprehension questions, such as:
- What is my sister’s name?
- What is my brother’s name?
- How old am I?
- End class in prayer.