A CALL TO ACTION FOR INTERCESSORS
The United States of America is at a volatile tipping point that could usher in a flood of national and regional tyranny and persecution against the disciples of Jesus like we have never seen before. Corruption, greed, lust, and wickedness in almost every sector of society – including the church – has led the nation to this point.
The United States has great influence in Central and South America, and should the USA become an oppressive authoritarian state, the consequences will be disastrous for many nations throughout the world. Our only hope in this hour is to cry out to God, believing His ancient promise to His people:
“if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
(2 Chronicles 7:14 New International Version)
For this reason, we are calling together a specific group of Christian leaders from around the world to unite with us nightly (one leader per night) at 8:00 pm Central Standard Time for 15 minutes of prayer and intercession from Saturday, July 18th, until November 3, 2020. We are also calling for a weekly fast (from sunset every Monday to sunset every Tuesday) for those who are interested and able, until November 3, 2020.
We cannot sit idly by and watch in despair as our nation falls apart! We must use the most powerful and effective weapon Father God has given us, and this is PRAYER!
WHO: Christian leaders worldwide
WHAT IT IS: Nightly intercession and identificational repentance for the sins of our nation(s) and prayer for our religious and governmental leaders
WHAT IT IS NOT: A platform to “bash” liberals or conservatives
WHEN: 8:00 pm – 8:15 pm Central Standard Time every evening from Saturday, July 18th through Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020.
WHERE: Our prayer “venue” will be an online platform called Streamyard which will be shared on social media
HOW: The main prayer strategy will be Identificational Repentance focused on the United States, as well as the body of Christ worldwide.
WHY: On Saturday, July 11, 2020, Jen received the following instruction during prayer that she believed was from the Lord:
“The church MUST wake up and take a stand! There is still time. Repentance and fasting will change the course of history, but there needs to be TRUE repentance on the part of believers everywhere. Organize an international prayer group for nightly intercession. Place yourself in a posture of prayer and identificational repentance for the nations. PRAY, INTERCEDE, and GET OTHERS TO DO THE SAME. Unite believers all around the world to repent for the wickedness of the nations. IT’S NOT TOO LATE!”
WHAT IS IDENTIFICATIONAL REPENTANCE?
Identificational Repentance is confessing and repenting before God for the sins of others, usually those in your bloodline or the people group or nation to which you belong. It seeks to release the current generation from the consequences of past and present sins of our nation, ethnic group, religious group, and/or family.
What is the Biblical context for repenting for the sins of a nation?
- Nehemiah 1: 6
- I beg you to pay attention to me, to fix your eyes on this servant of yours who day and night prays for your people Israel. I confess that the Israelites, among whom are included my family and I, have sinned against you. We have offended you and corrupted you very much; we have disobeyed the commandments, precepts and decrees that you yourself gave to your servant Moses.
- Jeremiah 3:25
- Let us lie down in our shame, and let our disgrace cover us. We have sinned against the Lord our God, both we and our ancestors, from our youth till this day we have not obeyed the Lord our God.”
- Jeremiah 5:1-3 New International Version (NIV)
- 5 “Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city. 2 Although they say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives,’ still they are swearing falsely.” 3 Lord, do not your eyes look for truth? You struck them, but they felt no pain; you crushed them, but they refused correction. They made their faces harder than stone and refused to repent.
- Psalm 79:8-9 New International Version (NIV)
- 8 Do not hold against us the sins of past generations; may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need. 9 Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name’s sake.
Sin can be passed down from generation to generation. It is only the blood of Jesus that can set a people free from cycles of sin, false beliefs, and unholy bonds with other “gods.”